Welcome to The Children’s Kiva!
The Children’s Kiva is a peaceful community school that mentors, encourages, and guides the learning process based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, inspiring children to feel safe, cherished, and empowered.
We at Children’s Kiva believe that:
- We are a place for every child
- Children are the most valuable resource on earth
- A child can achieve greatness through the use of peaceful hands
- Children who are engaged and contributing members of their school community will actively seek to impact the local and global environment
- Self discovery enables and inspires a sense of wonder
- Peace is the guiding force through which all interactions, activities, and communication are accomplished at our school
- Learning can be achieved through the development of positive self esteem, a sense of inner awareness, and security
“The Children’s Kiva is a fantastic fit for my family. My daughter loves going to school and comes home with stories to share of things she learned each day, songs to sing, and tales of friendship (and lunch!). I especially value the peacemaking part of the curriculum and the conscientiousness around the power of language in dealing with each other. She is developing positive social skills, becoming empowered, and laying down important pathways for learning through her time at the Children’s Kiva. Keep up the good work!”
- Melissa, Kiva Parent
News & Events
About Our School